Klostermühle is one of the twenty-three Torchbearers centers, an international and non-denominational mission organization.
The work of Torchbearers began with Major W. Ian Thomas in 1947 at Capernwray Hall, England. In 1958, Klostermühle was founded as a holiday center by Dr. Dwight Wadsworth. The first Bible School took place in 1960. The aim of the Torchbearers organization is to bring young people closer to Jesus Christ, so that they learn what it is to live as a Christian in each area of their lives; in their family, at work, school, and church, and to actively share their faith. Die Missionsgemeinschaft der Fackelträger is a non-profit association and belongs to the wider organization of Torchbearers International.
We work as an organization inclusive of all denominations and are a member of ‘Netzwerk-M’ and the ‘Arbeitsgemeinschaft Missionarische Dienste’, and we also work closely with the regional Evangelical Alliance. Our work is financed by donations and contributions from friends of Klostermühle.
Our mission is to proclaim the transforming presence of Jesus Christ through biblical teaching and practical training, equipping men and women for service in His church worldwide.
Not only is it our aim to guarantee that you have an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us, but to encourage you to focus on Jesus, and to give you the hope and joy that is had when you have a life with Him. That’s why our holidays are clearly centered on preaching and teaching His Word, and this teaching is emphasized by our high quality of care and service for you, our guests. Although rest and relaxation are important, we also value exercise and sport. However, both are guaranteed at Klostermühle, as its location in the heart of the Lahn Valley between Taunus and Westerwald is perfect for sports such as walking or cycling through the forests and meadows of the local area, or canoeing along the peaceful Lahn river. Koblenz and Limburg offer a wide variety of cultural activities and opportunities. We want to offer you the chance to take some time off from your day-to-day life, and to share the love and grace of Jesus with you.
Our work as Torchbearers is solely grounded on the Word of God
- God is the triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The Lord Jesus Christ is God’s Son being one with the Father. All things are created by Him and for Him.
- Through the action of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, He became man.
- He was without sin and of His free will, and by His sacrificial death upon the Cross, He brought about salvation for this fallen world.
- He is the only mediator between God and man, and by accepting His salvation through faith, man is justified from his sins and receives forgiveness and eternal life.
- Jesus Christ is risen bodily from the dead.
- Jesus Christ will return to deliver just judgement and to bring all things to completion.
- The Holy Spirit is God in unity with the Father and the Son.
- Through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ comes to dwell within those who accept Him through faith.
- Through the presence of the Holy Spirit, a person becomes a new creature, and is being transformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ adds those who believe in Him to his Body. This is His church on earth, of which He is the Head.
- The Bible is, in its entirety, the revelation of God for mankind, inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Promoting Christ in You - the hope of glory!
- To proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all people, in accordance with the Holy Scriptures.
- To lead all people to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord.
- To facilitate the Christian faith through evangelism, ministry and community, in accordance with the Holy Scriptures.
- To awaken, motivate and support missionary work as defined by the Holy Scriptures.
- To endeavor to spread the Kingdom of God in all corners of the world, and in this instance, to be bringers of light, or Torchbearers.